Job Title: Grants Administrator
Reports To: Director of Finance
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Approved By: Director of Finance
Approved Date: July 24, 2018
I. Purpose & Summary of Position:
The Texas Council on Family Violence is a statewide organization representing a network of domestic violence programs that provide direct services to victims and their families, and serves as the voice of victims at the state level while working with local communities to create strategies to prevent family violence.
The Grants Administrator is a member of the Finance team, with excellent organizational and communication skills. She or he provides key accounting support to the Director of Finance with emphasis on grant and funder progress reporting, deliverables tracking, and processing and performing miscellaneous assigned duties. Additionally, she or he works to strengthen the agency by providing efficient contract and funder management and reporting systems, providing analytical information utilizing existing database resources, and identifying new data collection systems and processes. She or he uses data collected to inform funder and donor reports as well as to synthesize the Council’s activities on training, technical assistance, and deliverables. Finally, she or he must have knowledge of database techniques, plus the ability to work independently and to envision analysis needs.
II. Priority functions / Accountabilities
A. Grant/Donor/Funder reporting
• Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Synthesize written information from multiple persons into a consistent voice in response to funder questions.
• Work effectively with end users, IT, and cross-functional teams.
• Manage contract and grant records, correspondence, and amendments using Coalition Manager Database.
• Maintain strong familiarity with grant regulations and conditions as internal expertise on funded awards & contracts.
• Complete progress reports for all government-funded grants and other funders, monitor compliance with grant requirements and deliverables.
• Prepare periodic operational data reports to track outcomes and services provided, including ensuring agency staff have recorded required programmatic report data
• Maintain calendar and coordination of funder reporting and prepare CEO and Director of Finance to meet funder timelines
• Assist with compilation of statistics internally for the Texas Council.
• Train staff in use of databases.
• Query information as necessary to create reports.
B. Financial / Administrative
• Assist with preparation of the annual agency budget.
• Serve as backup assistance for accounts payable as needed.
• Assist Finance staff with special projects.
• Grant billing assistance, as needed.
• Administrative assistance for Finance, as needed.
III. Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Dedicated, energetic and detail oriented and thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work under tight and/or changing timelines; disciplined time management skills to coordinate and prioritize own and others’ activities, evaluate progress and provide feedback; and to reallocate resources to complete activities within set deadlines.
• Self-starter, able to work independently, enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
• Reporting; high level of accuracy and superb attention to detail.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite with a focus on Excel and Word.
• Organization skills, including setting up systems to ensure deadlines are met and known in advance by relevant persons.
• High school diploma with a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in accounting/grant fiscal reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
IV. Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands: Ability to read, write and converse in English, to travel as needed and tolerate prolonged sitting or standing. Must possess the emotional and physical stamina to deal with a variety of stressful situations, such as: responding to complaints; handling difficult internal and external interactions; effectively working long and, at times, odd hours; maintaining a sense of humor throughout.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and minimum level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. The employee will be required to perform any other job-related duties as required by the job objectives, the CEO and mission and philosophy of TCFV.