who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle; we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016; and we were named a “Best Nonprofit” in 2017 by the Nonprofit Times.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Bilingual Advocate/Child Protective Services Specialist. This is a FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Provides short- and long-term client focused case management and advocacy to both residential and non-residential clients.
- Assists clients in acquiring skills necessary to: maintain independent housing, budget, identify and seek needed resources to help with stability.
- Participates in collaboration and team meetings including
- Possesses high level of work ethics with handling confidential client information, appropriately sets professional boundaries, and is able to process a lot of details and optimize work processes.
- Provides consultation to CPS caseworkers on cases where a history of domestic violence in the household presents a barrier to protective parenting.
- Creates individual safety plans with the protective parent as needed, including assisting with getting protective orders and securing shelter as needed.
- Provides consultation to SAFE staff regarding information and education around the CPS system and best practices.
- Works with SAFE Futures Director to assess client/staff issues as they relate to CPS involvement.
- Plans and implements educational classes around the issues of domestic violence and protective parenting to CPS and SAFE clients.
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other related field.
- Two years’ experience in human services is required; however, two years of professional experience in human services may be substituted for each year of bachelor’s level education.
- Experience working with adult survivors of domestic violence preferred.
- Experience and/or education that pertains to working with children with an understanding of their developmental skills required.
- One year of training or community education experience required.
- Experience with the CPS system preferred.
- Adheres to SAFE Alliance’s Guiding Principles, Mission, Standards of Conduct, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $33,000-$35,000.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply