who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle; we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016; and we were named a “Best Nonprofit” in 2017 by the Nonprofit Times.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Bilingual Family Guide. This is a PART TIME, NON-EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist parents and children throughout the process of PlanetSafe services including supervision of visitations between children and their visiting parent who may have committed family violence, while showing exceptional decision quality and resourcefulness in secured setting.
- Manage conflict when it arises. Specifically, have the ability to intervene and/or terminate supervised visits when needed and provide safety planning resources for families when needed.
- Collaborate effectively in a small team. Be able to communicate family needs and concerns to other staff so limits are consistent. Be able to communicate effectively with families so they are clear on the expectations of PlanetSafe and program guidelines.
- Possess a high level of work ethics with handling confidential client information, appropriately set professional boundaries and follow safety plans for survivors involving confidential information.
- Be willing and able to work evenings and weekends. The PlanetSafe operating hours are:
- Friday 4 PM – 8 PM
- Saturday 10 AM – 4 PM
- Sunday 2 PM – 8 PM
- Monday 4 PM – 8 PM
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field.
- Experience in a supervised visitation setting preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is REQUIRED
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you $20/ hour
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and two additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply