Denton Country Friends of the Family
We are looking for a dedicated and compassionate Social Worker to help families in shelter to transition into a safe and stable environment. The ideal candidate would have a strong drive to help others, an ability connect with others, and a fluency in Spanish.
Main Position Activities:
- Deliver case management, crisis intervention and information/referrals to domestic violence and sexual assault victims at the Shelter
- Coordinate with local law enforcement agencies, child protective services, district attorney’s office, child support and civil court system and other social service agencies to implement victim response and services
- Assist clients in developing and maintaining an individualized service plan focusing on safety and transition to stable housing
- Bachelor’s degree in social work/related field, or equivalent experience
- Bilingual in Spanish required •Minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in a social service agency
- Demonstrated understanding of relationship violence and sexual assault issues
- Flexible schedule as some evenings and weekends may be required
To Apply, submit resume and application to:
Denton County Friends of the Family, Inc.
4845 I-35 E
Corinth, TX 76210
Denton County Friends of the Family, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is Grant funded and will continue only if sufficient grant or external funds are provided.