Denton County Friends of the Family
The Our Community Matters Program seeks to start courageous conversations within Denton County’s African American community about domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking. We are looking for a fearless and compassionate individual to lead this effort. The ideal candidate would have a strong public speaking skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with community stake-holders.
Main Position Activities:
- Build and maintain solid community relationships within Denton County’s African American community.
- Present programs of public education, primary prevention, and training on domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- Serve as public advocate for Denton County Friends of the Family.
- Assist as needed in development of resources.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, communications, or related field
- Two years’ experience working with various ages in educational setting •Demonstrated ability to make public presentations effectively and relate to the community
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply skills specific to presenting on domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Denton County Friends of the Family, Inc.
4845 S. I-35E, Suite 100
Corinth, TX 76210
Denton County Friends of the Family, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is Grant funded and will continue only if sufficient grant or external funds are provided.