Compliance and Evaluation Specialist
who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle and we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Compliance and Evaluation Specialist. This is a FULL TIME, NON-EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following primary key duties and responsibilities:
- Assists with governmental grant pre- and post-award administrative and compliance functions, including but not limited to ensuring that the organization fulfills contractual requirements, analyzing data and drafting/editing narrative for program performance reports, managing grant closeout procedures, and maintaining quality systems.
- Ensures accountability, checking that information collected and reported is accurate, consistent, complete and timely. Attention to detail is critical.
- Works with Directors across agency to develop logic models, impact/evaluation plans, refine or develop new evaluation tools and collect data to support the organizational mission and vision, funder requirements and internal department/agency goals.
- Helps design transparent, standardized measurement tools focused on the organization’s core outcome areas, which can be used to disseminate broad information on the impact and effectiveness of the agency as a whole.
- Assesses agency training needs pertaining to program evaluation and provides training and/or coaching as needed to direct and non-direct service departments surrounding program evaluation.
- Assists with analyzing mid-year and year-end metrics and developing overview reports.
- Helps prepare for monitoring visits and may act as a liaison with governmental funders under the direction of the Chief Quality Officer.
- Engages in special projects as needed.
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) or equivalent experience
- Have 2+ years of experience (preferred) in grants and contract management and program evaluation activities in non-profit settings.
- Have proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be knowledgeable of issues and systems related to child abuse, sexual abuse and exploitation, domestic violence and homelessness preferred.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and listening skills.
- Have prior experience working in a victim service organization (preferred).
- Be bilingual (English/Spanish) – preferred.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $40,500-$42,500.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply