Houston Area Women’s Center
- Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Monday – Friday 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Monday – Friday 12:00pm – 9:00pm
Provides crisis intervention and emotional support to survivors of domestic and sexual violence through our 24 hour Crisis Hotlines. Coordinates on-going client cases and hotline coverage. Provides leadership and training to trainees and volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Hotline Case Management
- Provides crisis intervention and emotional support to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault through our two 24 hour crisis hotlines
- Conducts dangers assessment and safety planning
- Coordinates shelter placement within our shelter and other area shelters by conducting telephone assessment interviews and intake/exit procedures to incoming residents
- Case manages Hotline clients that require complex services over a number of shifts.
- Communicates with HAWC programs and departments to facilitate and coordinate client services
- Maintains current information on and acts as liaison with other area shelters.
To apply for a position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
by email: email@example.com
by fax: 713-526-7863
by mail: Houston Area Women’s Center, Attn: Human Resources, 1010 Waugh Drive Houston, TX 77019 No phone calls, please.