Job Classification: Full Time/Exempt Reports to: Executive Director
Daya supports the South Asian community of Houston in breaking the cycle of domestic violence and sexual assualt. Daya empowers survivors through counseling and advocacy and works towards prevention by promoting community awareness and by advocating at the policy level. Daya’s approach fosters individual freedom and respect leading to healthy families.
The Director of Client Services will lead the client services team in providing professional counseling and complete case management to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. The DCS performs outreach and administrative duties to support the overall mission of the organization. This includes some evening and weekend hours. At the Director level, the DCS will play an active role in reporting and projections. They will foster a positive work environment between all staff members and leadership to achieve the overall mission of Daya.
Direct Counseling Services
- Provide crisis management and individual counseling to those who are victimized by family violence and/or sexual assault.
- Answer helpline and perform intake.
- Court testimony as needed
- Coordinate support groups and workshops for clients.
Manage Daya Client Services Team
Leading the client services team, the DCCS will be accountable for ensuring that the following organizational needs are met. This includes managing staff appropriately and directly covering duties as needed:
- Ensure full coverage of the helpline from 9am to 5pm Ensure comprehensive Case Management Ensure comprehensive Case Management:
- Legal referrals and accompaniment (to appointments and court) Education and employment resources and training Law enforcement advocacy and accompaniment Access to public assistance and social services Translation and interpretation Housing, childcare and transportation assistance (including emergency housing or shelter referrals) Referrals to other healthcare providers Maintenance of comprehensive client records Ensure that proper processes and procedures are followed with regard to client financial requests, confidentiality, record keeping etc.
- Mentor and supervise client services staff, volunteers and interns.
- Track client calls, maintain appropriate client records and files as well as monthly call analysis and client reports.
- Prepare monthly board reports and participate in board meetings.
- Work with the Executive Director to compile data for new and continuing funding applications and reports.
- Assist the Executive Director with the research, writing and overall management of the grants program including developing and submitting program and financial reports to grantors.
- Manage and maintain the client database.
- Facilitate approval on client issues such as financial requests Mission and administrative support
- Promote atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration to accomplish all Daya initiatives (client services, outreach, fundraising, and education) with staff members, other directors, and the Executive Director.
- Build and maintain a network of mainstream and South Asian professional resources.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and other internal meetings.
- Attend and promote outreach/fundraising events and ensure client services team support for outreach and fundraising efforts.
- Participate in appropriate professional development webinars, seminars and forums.
- Serve as speaker/trainer for Daya by participating in community education programs as needed.
- Stand in for Executive Director, including attendance at Board Meetings as requested by the Executive Director.
- Licensure in Counseling or Social Work required Team player with ability to lead.
- Degree in Social Sciences or related field, Masters Degree Preferred Commitment to Daya’s mission, vision, and atmosphere of collaboration between all initiatives.
- Excellent writing, reporting and research skills.
- Clear, courteous and respectful communication with staff, board, and partners completed in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in computer applications and client software programs Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Well-organized, ability to multi-task, highly motivated, creative, detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate in at least one major South Asian language
- Commensurate with experience. This is a full time salaried position.
Please go to our website dayahouston.org to obtain the application, please follow the steps. Feel free to send the application back via email or US post.