Shelter Agencies for Families in East Texas, aka SAFE-T, vision is: We believe that all abuse diminishes the full expression of life and growth that is every person’s right. We strive to create an environment where violence and abuse are not tolerated in the communities we serve.
The agency provides education, violence prevention services, and crisis intervention to victims of family violence, sexual assault, child abuse, dating violence and stalking.
SAFE-T is seeking an energetic and accomplished senior professional to serve as its Executive Director. The Executive Director will implement and communicate the strategy and vision. The Executive Director will be responsible for leading 44 employees and managing a budget of $1,800,000. The Executive Director will also oversee 2 remote locations (Paris – 4 staff and Sulphur Springs – 3 staff) and a thrift store.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will lead and direct the day-to-day management and enhance organizational processes and infrastructure that will allow SAFE-T to continue to grow and fulfill its mission.
The Executive Director is responsible to:
- Possess a leadership style that empowers employees, encourages good performance and rewards productivity. Oversee operation of the organization and ensure that all operational goals are met.
- Develop a fund development strategy to strengthen and diversify funding sources. Build brand strategy and drive community awareness. Compile statistical data and write effective grants.
- Provide administration and support for the Board of Directors, assistance with strategic planning and implementation of strategic and operational plans.
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence through quality control, data collection and measurable outcomes.
- Ensure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image.
- Lead all aspects of Financial Management including budget preparation and the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
Incorporate all aspects and functionality of social media.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of leadership experience with at least 3 of those years in a senior management role. The ideal candidate will also have proven fundraising experience including grant writing. A Master’s degree is preferred (MBA or MPA). Knowledge and sensitivity to issues of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault a plus.