Go Purple Toolkit
Each year, over 100 Texas women lose their lives to domestic violence. During Domestic Violence Awareness Month, we challenge all of Texas to Go Purple and strive for a state where no one loses their life as a result of domestic violence. Go Purple by standing up for domestic violence victims and survivors and taking action to end violence in our communities. Use the tools and resources below to power your advocacy work in your community in October and throughout the year. Have questions about the toolkit? Contact Membership or call 1-800-525-1978.
Go Purple Calendar
Share the Facts
Customize your materials!
- Video tutorial: How to Customize the Go Purple Posters
Did you know? All of the Go Purple posters and infographics can be customized with your local program information and data! Check out the video tutorial for tips on how to edit the files in Adobe Illustrator or in Adobe Acrobat! Watch the video tutorial for general instructions, or check out the specific video tutorial for the Know the Facts infographic.
Social Media Resources
Take your Go Purple activities to the digital realm with #TxDVAM. Our new digital toolkit comes with everything you need to customize and launch your own social media campaign this October: download the Social Media Graphics Pack for cover photos and image posts in English and Spanish, then use the Social Media Calendar and Guide to Social Media to plan and schedule your posts. Encourage your supporters to sign the digital Purple Postcard and Go Purple on their Facebook and Twitter profile pictures with Twibbon – it’s easy to do, and easy to share!
Know the Facts
Conoce los Datos
Want to learn more? Check out Center for Survivor Agency and Justice’s Accounting for Survivors’ Economic Security: An Atlas for Direct Service Providers.
The full Honoring Texas Victims graphics will be released with the Honoring Texas Victims report in October. Sign up for updates to receive the graphics when they’re released.
Guides & Reports
- Go Purple Activity Kit – get inspiration to host a DVAM event in your area!
- Media 101 Guide – Work with your local media to spread the word about Go Purple!
- Putting the “P” in DVAM – October is a great time to bring people together to work on preventing domestic violence and creating positive change for safer communities.
- Honoring Texas Victims Report – Narratives Only | Summary Fact Sheet
- Press room for members of the media.