Domestic Violence Awareness Month is a great time to bring people together to work on preventing domestic violence and creating positive change for safer communities. The resources listed here may inspire your thinking about how to incorporate prevention into your DVAM activities. The TCFV Prevention Team is also available for trainings to support your community’s prevention efforts throughout the year. You can learn more here.
Make Your Community A Domestic-Violence Free Zone
Here are some examples of community efforts to engage a wide spectrum of partners in creating domestic-violence free zones.
- No More campaign
- Hollaback campaign
- Engaging Businesses in Creating DV-Free Zones Download PDF | Download MS Word
- Booklet: How to Respond to Employees Facing Domestic Violence
Working with Middle and High School Students
These free online trainings provide useful information to strengthen domestic violence prevention efforts through youth engagement, social media, social marketing, and public health. Simply click on any of the trainings below:
- Using Media and Technology in Sexual and Domestic Violence Prevention Efforts
- Social Marketing as a Tool in Primary Prevention
- In the Know: Social Media for Public Health
- Youth Engagement and Primary Prevention in DVAM