October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and in Texas, we Go Purple and strive for a state where no woman loses her life to domestic violence. Go Purple celebrates the progress of our movement and recognize the work still ahead toward our shared vision of a Texas free from violence.
For the first week of domestic violence, we recognize that Knowledge is Power – so let’s help our communities learn the facts and inspire change. Here are some ideas to share on social media to get you started:
- Tuesday: 72,782 women, children and men sought domestic violence services at programs across the state.
- Wednesday: Invite your community to save the date for Go Purple Day.
- Thursday: One in three adult Texans have experienced domestic violence in their lifetime.
- Friday: Learn about financial abuse.
- Saturday: Work with your local media – check out the Media 101 Guide.