who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, an alliance of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle and we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Graphic Designer. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Show a high level of decision quality and resourcefulness while designing and coordinating print and electronic materials, and website content, as directed by the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer and in collaboration with the senior team.
- Create, evolve and monitor consistent brand design standards for the agency.
- Work with staff to design agency and program marketing materials.
- Work with Development staff to create and design fundraising materials.
- Coordinate bids for printing of agency materials.
- Coordinate and supervise printing processes for materials and ensure quality control.
- Manage agency’s marketing and communications design archives.
- Coordinate and design agency’s advertising placements.
- Manage the design elements and functionality of safeaustin.org website.
- Work with program managers and Communications and Marketing team on website updates, content design and changes.
- Show forward thinking and cultural awareness while working with the communications team on social media and web campaigns to ensure consistent messaging and brand standards.
- Edit and design agency’s print and e-newsletters, e-blasts and direct mail appeals.
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design. Extensive experience in the field may be considered in lieu of a degree. Have three-to-five years of design experience in marketing, communications, or public-relations fields. Working knowledge of Spanish beneficial.
- Excellent graphic design and written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment. Can coordinate effectively with colleagues, vendors, and contractors using online collaborative tools.
- Must be flexible, highly organized, able to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines, detail oriented and a resourceful problem solver.
- High computer literacy with strong working knowledge of WordPress, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software, particularly InDesign and Illustrator. Experience designing responsive websites a plus.
- Experience designing graphic materials for print and web use.
- Able to work collaboratively with, and at times accept direction from, multiple senior staff members on various projects.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $39,000 – $42,000.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply