Job Title: Membership Manager
Reports To: Director Fund Development and Strategic Relations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approved By: CEO
Approved Date: 5-1-2018
I. Purpose & Summary of Position
The Texas Council on Family Violence is a statewide organization representing a network of domestic violence programs that provide direct services to victims and their families, and serves as the voice of victims at the state level while working with local communities to create strategies to prevent family violence.
The Membership Manager manages all membership responsibilities, including marketing, recruitment, and retention of members and assists the Director Fund Development and Strategic Relations with the annual fund. Requires high energy, maturity, and attention to detail.
II. Priority functions / Accountabilities
A . Membership Services – Coordinates and manages all membership responsibilities
- Ensure membership processes follow TCFV Bylaws and Membership Policies and Procedures and maintain accurate member data profiles.
- Maintain effective recruitment, renewal, and payment processes.
- Prepare and generates membership reports.
- Plan, prepare and attend the annual general membership meeting and member appreciation events.
B. Membership Marketing – Develops and implements a comprehensive annual membership and marketing plan aimed at increasing TCFV’s membership and its perceived value:
- Recruit new sustainable members by strategically reaching out to targeted markets.
- Build and enhance relationships with individual and program members and lead member acknowledgement and recognition efforts.
- Build, cultivate and maintain networking opportunities and advocacy with programs that intersect with those offered by family violence service providers.
- Create marketing and communications campaigns including direct mailings, emails and social media postings, visiting and calling prospective members.
- Develop membership marketing materials and train staff in their use to promote TCFV and membership.
- Identify areas of improvement with the membership website and database and develops efforts to promote and increase member use.
C. Supporter Cultivation – Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual supporter communications plan.
- Lead and execute TCFV’s supporter communications campaigns, including social media, email, blogs and The River newsletter, in collaboration with teams.
- Identify and support opportunities to integrate TCFV’s communications and marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with TCFV teams to identify relevant topics and write compelling content for TCFV’s communications to expand TCFV’s reputation as the statewide expert and a national leader on domestic violence topics.
- Manage the development and implementation of the Go Purple Toolkit, including creation of new public awareness materials.
D. Financial / Administrative:
- Utilize agency’s resources responsibly.
- Accurately report on grant activities, including contributing information for agency’s funding applications.
- Prepare, manage, and adhere to annual budget for membership and annual fund project activities.
IV. Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands: Ability to read, write and converse in English, to travel as needed and tolerate prolonged sitting or standing. Must possess the emotional and physical stamina to deal with a variety of stressful situations, such as: responding to complaints; handling difficult internal and external interactions; effectively working long and, at times, odd hours; maintaining a sense of humor throughout.