Allies for Children and Teens (ACT)
Mission of ACT: ACT represents children’s advocates who support the battered women’s movement in Texas & who support the mission, goals and philosophy of the Texas Council on Family Violence. The purpose of ACT is to strengthen and promote the commitment to children’s issues & to increase services to child and youth survivors of domestic violence.
Goals of ACT:
1. To develop, support and promote a strong network of children’s and youth advocates across Texas addressing the issues of family violence.
2. To promote services to children and youth at all program levels in domestic violence programs across the state.
3. To develop and promote resources for and about children and youth survivors of domestic violence.
4. To create awareness and sensitivity among service providers, communities and the judicial system about issues relevant to children and youth survivors of domestic violence.
5. To become involved in legal issues impacting children and youth survivors of domestic violence.
6. To encourage accountability for actions that adversely affect children and youth survivors of domestic violence.
7. To support the empowerment of children and youth in issues that impact them relating to domestic violence.
Youth Resources & Information:
How to join: CANs are made up of TCFV individual members. If you’d like to join ACT, become a TCFV member. Please indicate on your application that you are interested in learning more about ACT.
Already a TCFV individual member? Great! Contact email@example.com for information about joining ACT.