Starting a New CAN
To become an officially recognized TCFV Community Action Network, a group must complete the approval process outlined below. TCFV will provide proposal information and technical assistance to developing Community Action Networks upon request. For assistance, contact TCFV’s membership staff at 800-525-1978 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Complete a written proposal including:
- The mission of the CAN;
- The goals of the CAN;
- How the CAN will operate, including the process for choosing leadership, making decisions, identifying work and establishing criteria for membership;
- List of leadership and their contact information;
- Number of CAN members; and
- Proposed work plan, including activities, budget, and level of TCFV staff and technological support needed.
2. Submit written proposal to TCFV Membership (email to email@example.com, fax to 512-685-6397 or mail to PO Box 163865, Austin, Texas 78716).
3. CAN Committee will review the proposal at its next regularly scheduled meeting. In addition, a developing CAN may choose to present their proposal in person or via conference call. Additional information may be requested.
4. The CAN Committee will make a recommendation to the TCFV Board of Directors regarding the proposal.
5. A group is recognized as an official TCFV Community Action Network upon affirmative vote of the TCFV Board of Directors.