who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle; we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016; and we were named a “Best Nonprofit” in 2017 by the Nonprofit Times.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of PlanetSafe Manager. This is a full-time, exempt position. PlanetSafe provides safe exchange and supervised visitation services to families who have experienced domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, child abuse, and/or dating violence. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate referral and intake process, schedule intake appointments and assign families to guides for orientation and services
- Maintain waitlist and report to grant and community stakeholders on availability of services
- Provide training, support, and supervision of Family Guides and Exchange Guides, including regular and extensive review of their written work product
- Coordinate with the Legal Services Manager and Legal Advocates regarding PlanetSafe referrals, and assist with training as needed
- Communicate with courts and referral sources when necessary
- Provide training to community partners about the PlanetSafe Program
- Attend committee/task force and agency-wide meetings as appropriate and needed to represent PlanetSafe
- Participate in regularly scheduled conference calls and trainings with PlanetSafe’s Technical Assistance providers
- Complete all requisite paperwork for program and grant compliance including managing program data entry and client files
- Manage building operations, safety and security needs in a separate downtown campus of the SAFE Alliance
- Coordinate volunteer program for PlanetSafe
- Assist with grant reporting
- Be willing and able to work evenings and weekends, in addition to some standard business hours. The PlanetSafe operating hours are:
- Friday 4 PM – 8 PM
- Saturday 10 AM – 4 PM
- Sunday 2 PM – 8 PM
- Monday 4 PM – 8 PM
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Social Work, Psychology, Education or related field
- Have 1-2 years relevant experience; experience with supervised visitations is a plus
- Supervisor or program management experience preferred
- Be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Demonstrate knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault issues and knowledge of community resources to support victims in and around the Austin community
- Be able to work evenings and weekends
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $39,000-$41,000.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply