Residential Specialist – Part Time
Kendall County Women’s Shelter has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Residential Specialist. The primary responsibilities of this position is to ensure the physical safety and emotional well-being of residents, provide all aspects of crisis intervention as needed and to provide supportive tasks which are essential to shelter operations.
Some college preferred in social services family studies, sociology, psychology or other related fields or 3 years work experience working in a social service agency or a volunteer agency, and data entry skills. The ideal candidate will be available during weekend and/or overnight shifts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Crisis Intervention
– Monitor security system and shelter security on an on-going basis.
- Assist Clients with day-to-day living needs.
– Enforcing shelter rules, policies and procedures.
– Helping to assure a calm, supportive atmosphere.
– Responsible for daily inspection of physical facility and grounds for safety, cleanliness, and needed repairs including the pet shelter.
– Document necessary information in Client Files and Communication Log; accurately complete Client Intake Forms and Exit Forms.
– Works collaboratively with advocate volunteers scheduled at facility.
The above job description reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Additional duties may be or assigned from time to time.
Email resume to email@example.com.