A Statewide Community of Practice: The Prevention Coaching Group is a collection of prevention workers who receive targeted training and support. Members gather in Austin twice a year for spring and fall trainings to share resources; solve problems; and develop skills they can immediately put to use. The only cost to the participating agencies is staff time.
Prevention Coaching Group is Expanding!
Interest Form Deadline is October 7, 2016.
Complete the interest form here.
A Few Considerations
- The Prevention Coaching Group is open only to agencies that receive funding through the Health and Human Services Commission and have at least one staff member who is dedicated to promoting prevention in your community.
- Each agency receives one travel stipend; per diem to cover meals during the gathering and any time spent traveling; and lodging.
- Members are NOT required to launch any new initiatives; rather, they receive support for their ongoing efforts.
- Each gathering requires three to four days of your staff’s time.
- The next gathering is scheduled for December 7-9, 2016.
- Two Prevention Intensives for newer prevention workers are scheduled for January 11-13 and May 10-12, 2017.