who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle; we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016; and we were named a “Best Nonprofit” in 2017 by the Nonprofit Times.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Safe and Nurturing Families Program Coordinator. This is a PART TIME, NON-EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for the day-to-day management of the Safe and Nurturing Families grant.
- Oversee all programmatic and administrative aspects to ensure the project’s objectives are met.
- Communicates effectively and displays a high level of resilience when coordinating with all contracting agencies.
- Employs resourcefulness when working with all contracting agencies.
- Work with all contracting agencies to effectively drive engagement within their communities and to focus efforts on improving collaborations, parent engagement and excellence.
- Effectively manages the ambiguity as it relates to grant implementation with respect to all contracting agencies.
- Oversee the development of the Statement of Work for each programmatic piece valuing the differences of each contracting agency.
- Collate monthly program status reports, project updates, and other reporting as required.
- Ensure the adherence to project timelines and quality control baselines.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry providing oversight, support and/or assistance to data entry staff.
- Maintain contractual records and documents for all Safe and Nurturing Families grant activities.
- Work with the SAFE Futures Director and SAFE finance team to ensure adherence to broader finance requirements including the monthly invoicing process.
- Coordinate all contracting agencies to ensure accountability with all grant requirements in order to complete the project.
- Serve as the point of contact for Family Violence Prevention Services Act: Safe and Nurturing Families grant on contractual matters as needed.
- Act as contractual “middleman” between Family Violence Prevention Services Act and the Safe and Nurturing Families grant and all contracting agencies, ensuring timely review of all deliverables.
- Assist in coordinating community collaborative for Safe and Nurturing Families grant. Remain client focused when helping to plan and execute community meetings and trainings.
- Be consistently above board, beyond reproach and trustworthy when handling confidential victim information and data.
- Collaborates as part of a team across contracting agencies and instills trust in direct relation to all contracting agencies of the Safe and Nurturing Families grant. Drives engagement of contracting agencies involved in Safe and Nurturing Families grant within the larger context of this grant so that communication happens between partnering agencies consistently.
- Maintains relationships with contracting agencies to support the work of the Safe and Nurturing Families. By utilizing appropriate interpersonal skills, ensures that Safe and Nurturing Families grant is cooperatively planned, implemented, operated and evaluated.
- Responsible for ensuring that all contracting agencies are operating within the Safe and Nurturing Families grant and budget; ensures decision quality around the use of the funds for specific projects within the Safe and Nurturing Families grant.
- Other duties as assigned.
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, relevant degree in higher education given preference, and at least five years’ experience in implementing similar Social Service contracts.
- Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree, relevant degree in higher education given preference, and at least five years’ experience in implementing similar Social Service contracts.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have ability to exercise discretion and use independent judgment.
- Dependability and flexibility.
- Ability to manage large, multi-partner, complex and heavily monitored projects.
- Experience in communicating effectively between and across non-profit agencies.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively in compliance driven environment.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Relate tactfully, confidently, sensitively and non-judgmentally with partners and collaborators.
- Ability to hold partners and collaborators accountable to contract objectives.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience in report writing for government funded activities.
- Positive attitude towards work, initiative, personal balance, ability to adapt and work effectively under pressure, a sense of humor.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Project management experience strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and insurance as a driver.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you an hourly rate of $17.50-$20.00/hour
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/AEIalvC3Ba/Safe-And-Nurturing-Families-Program-Coordinator?source=TCFV