who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, a merger of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 360 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- Our staff were named “Every Day Superheroes” by the Austin Chronicle; we’re a two-time Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” winner for years 2015 and 2016; and we were named a “Best Nonprofit” in 2017 by the Nonprofit Times.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Sexual Assault Accompaniment Specialist. This is a PRN (on-call), non-exempt position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide medical accompaniment to survivors of sexual assault during their forensic exam for evidence collection.
- Provide face-to-face crisis intervention and support, discuss medical and legal options and explain SAFE support services (such as counseling, legal advocacy and follow-up medical care).
- Back up and support volunteer sexual assault advocates (SAA) who are first on-call. Must check-in with volunteer SAA prior to start of shift.
- Specialists are not onsite while on-call; you may or may not be dispatched during your shift.
- Accompany and mentor new SAAs who are completing a buddy shift.
- Commit to a minimum of 6 eight-hour shifts (48 hours of coverage) per month.
- We’re currently looking to hire weekday (7am-3pm shifts, Mondays-Fridays) and overnight (11pm-7am shifts) Specialists.
- 60 hours of paid training is required. 1st portion of training is 20 hours in October. 6-9PM on 10/23, 10/26, 10/30 & 11/2 and 9AM-5Pm on 11/4.
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social or behavioral sciences.
- Have a minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience providing crisis stabilization support and advocacy services to sexual assault survivors.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
- We will pay you $15/hour plus 60¢/hour on-call compensation.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Please specify the weekdays (Mon-Fri) that you’re available from 7am-3pm. Or which overnights you’re available 11pm-7am.
- Here’s the link to apply