Job Title: Temporary Policy Research Support – The State Plan Project
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Temporary Employee
Reports to: Policy Manager
I. Purpose & Summary of Position:
The Texas Council on Family Violence is the only 501(c)(3) nonprofit coalition in Texas dedicated solely to creating safer communities and freedom from family violence. With a state-wide reach and direct local impact, TCFV, with the collective strength of more than 1000 members, shapes public policy, equips service providers, and initiates strategic prevention efforts.
Working with the TCFV Policy Team, this staff person will help facilitate existing efforts supporting local DV programs and systems in their response to survivors.
II. Priority Functions / Accountabilities
- This position will focus on administrative and support for a large research project aimed at understanding the need for and availability of family violence services across Texas (the State Plan).
- In additional the position will offer support on a smaller project focused on program assessments and implementing trauma-informed services in family violence centers.
- The staff person will perform research, administrative functions, task management, writing and other responsibilities as assigned.
- The position will also support other relevant policy issues.
- Work will be chiefly administrative in nature to include data input and management, organization of administrative tasks, working to update web content as needed, and supporting the research team with program data collection.
III. Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Sought: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. TCFV may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adept at use of technology and excellent computer proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Administrative experience
- Understanding of dynamics of domestic violence.
Other Requirements, Working Conditions, and Considerations
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- Must have emotional and physical stamina to tolerate prolonged sitting or standing to deal with a variety of potentially stressful situations, including responses to complaints and internal and external interactions, to effectively work long and at times odd hours, while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Works in a normal office environment except while traveling, with minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature extremes. Requires bending, stooping, lifting and carrying objects up to 25 pounds, with or without accommodations.
- This position relies on grant funding that will expire in 6-9 months of hire. TCFV expressly offers no guarantee of continued employment past this timeframe.
TCFV expressly intends the above statements to describe the general nature and minimum level of work being performed. They do not represent an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. TCFV will require the employee to perform any other job-related duties as required by the job objectives, the supervisor and mission and philosophy of TCFV.