who WE are
- We’re The SAFE Alliance, an alliance of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
- We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
- We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
- We’re an Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” Winner for 2015.
who YOU are
- You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
- You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
- You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
- You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
- Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
- You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
- You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of Therapist. This is a FULL TIME, EXEMPT position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Uses interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary treatment/service team to provide appropriate therapeutic services with individuals and families across SAFE programs.
- Demonstrates resilience under pressure when managing crisis and safety planning.
- Maintain all required documentation and ensure that all documentation is accurate and in compliance with all contract standards
- Conduct and develop comprehensive social histories and psychosocial assessments that accurately convey the youth/families’ needs, strengths, and preferences, while valuing differences in cultural, religious, and ethnic background and keeping in mind how they impact the implications for the recovery plan.
- Demonstrate knowledge of trauma and the impacts of trauma; and decision quality in choosing an intervention that best fits the need and fosters motivation toward change.
- Demonstrates in resourcefulness planning interventions and knowledge of evidenced-based models.
- Is client-focused and willing to work in various settings and environments often providing services where it is the best fit for the client including working some evenings
to be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Social Work or Psychology with an active LCSW/LPC license preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- At least one year working with youth and adults that have experienced trauma and co-occurring disorders
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
- Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
how WE’LL make it with YOUR while
- We will pay you an annual salary of $40,000-$42,640.
- We’ll pay for your medical, life and short-term disability insurance.
- We will give you 15 accrued paid time off days in the first year, and 22 days in the second year, capping out at 30 days after year seven.
- We’ll pay you for our six agency holidays and four additional personal holidays to be used at your discretion.
- We’ll contribute 2% to your 403(b) retirement, and we’ll kick in an additional 1% if you agree to match it.
- We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
- We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
- You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
- We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
- Here’s the link to apply