How can you make a difference for domestic violence survivors in your community? It’s easier than you might think! For the third week of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, we’re asking you to stand with survivors and take action!
- Tuesday: 39% of requests for shelter are turned away due solely to lack of space. Help your local program by volunteering or donating.
- Wednesday: Tomorrow is Go Purple Day – ask your friends and coworkers to join you by wearing purple in support of domestic violence survivors.
- Thursday: it’s Go Purple Day! Snap a photo and share it with us on Facebook and Twitter!
- Friday: 99 percent of domestic violence survivors are subjected to financial abuse – and systemic barriers can impede the most vulnerable from reaching economic stability. Economic justice matters for domestic violence survivors.
- Saturday: Survivors face unique vulnerabilities during disasters. Make a donation to the Harvey Relief Fund for domestic violence survivors, programs and staff.