Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Find below resources and assets for Domestic Violence Awareness Month. All materials are free and available to use during the month of October. This page will be updated regularly with more info and more resources for DVAM through out September and October. Questions? Email Kate Kerns.
Social Media Assets
Find here TCFV’s full social media campaign assets for DVAM. Assets include educational posts, data and statistics and survivor narratives. TCFV’s Domestic Violence Awareness Month social media campaign graphics are available for download and use throughout October. Need help using the assets? View a tutorial below!
Curated Photo Collection
This year we’ve curated a selection of free, high quality stock photos for you to use during DVAM. These photos include both people, objects, and locations that could be relevant to many aspects of domestic violence.
Here you’ll find a collection of articles, videos, podcasts, and more. Some may be specifically related to Domestic Violence Awareness Month, while others might be amplifying a specific intersection within DV.
- Don’t Use Domestic Violence Victims to Derail Police Reform
- How Does Racism Affect Black Survivors of Domestic Violence?
- The Other Side of Domestic Violence: Helping Survivors by Working with Their Abusive Partners
- A New Covid-19 Crisis: Domestic Abuse Rises Worldwide
- A Snapshow of Domestic Violence During COVID-19
- Reimagining VAWA: Why Criminalization Is a Failed Policy and What a Non- Carceral VAWA Could Look Like
More DVAM Info & Resources
Learn more about upcoming events and action days! Want your event to be listed? Email Kate Kerns.
October 1st |Virtual “Purple Day” with Hidalgo County – Live on Facebook at 10 AM
October 9th |Survivors’ Town Hall 2020: Honoring Victims, Raising Awareness and Taking Action – more info coming soon..
October 14th | Health Cares About Domestic Violence Day
October 22 | Go Purple Day