As the Counseling Program Director, you will play a pivotal role in developing, implementing, and managing our counseling programs aimed at helping survivors heal from the trauma of domestic violence, dating violence, and sexual assault. You will provide leadership to a team of dedicated counselors and interns and collaborate with other departments to ensure the holistic well-being of our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in counseling, program management, and a deep understanding of trauma-informed care.
The successful candidate for this position will:
· Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in counseling and program management, with a focus on family violence, dating violence, and sexual assault.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge and expertise in providing trauma-informed counseling, specifically in working with victims of abuse, including child victims.
· Be self-motivated, self-confident, results oriented and maintain high moral and ethical standards.
· Demonstrate strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate staff.
· Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
· Have an in-depth knowledge of trauma-informed care, survivor-centered approaches, and cultural sensitivity.
· Demonstrate experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation.
· Demonstrate a commitment to social justice, equity, and the empowerment of survivors.
· Possess current counseling licensure recognized by the State of Texas (Licensed Professional Counselor – Supervisor strongly preferred).
To apply for this position, please email mducote @ hcwc.org for an application. Clicking “apply now” on Indeed is not sufficient to apply for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
San Marcos, TX 78666: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
counseling with victims of abuse: 3 years (Required)
LPC or LPC-S (Required)
Work Location: In person