Trainings & Conferences
- Trusted experts – our trainers are experts in their fields and committed to providing up-to-date information about best practices while unifying Texas advocates in the movement.
- Diverse topics – find trainings on domestic violence and intersecting systems, including civil and criminal justice, child support and welfare, economic and workforce organizations, healthcare and the general public.
- In your city and at your fingertips – TCFV trains in every part of the state, offers customized consultations, and dozens of live webinars each year. Can’t make it to a live training? Our vast library of recorded webinars means there’s a training that works for you, no matter your schedule or location.
Key: Conferences & Summits | Local & Regional Training | One in the Movement Series | Prevention Series | BIPP Series | Webinars
Conferences & Summits
TCFV Finance conference for finance staff and professionals from family violence programs. Complimentary tickets available!
Directing the Work: Executive Directors Conference
This annual conference in partnership with TAASA serves to connect, inspire, and rejuvenate Texas leaders by providing a forum to share ideas that collectively strengthen our life–changing services.
Tools for Transformation: BIPP Conference
Gain deeper knowledge and develop new skills to meet the growing challenges of operating battering intervention programs and developing community accountability and collaboration to address family violence offenders.
Texas Prevention Summit
This biannual prevention conference hosted by TAASA and TCFV brings together preventioneers from across the state to enhance their prevention strategies and foster long–term change.
The TCFV’s Statewide Conference gathers leaders, advocates and allies to exchange ideas, discover fresh techniques and unite the many diverse faces of the Texas movement to end violence against women.
Approaching the Bench: Judicial Summit
Diverse group of judges from across the state gather for training and discussion with national and state experts in best practices in family violence cases. Judges share resources, tools, and methods to effectively hold offenders accountable while maximizing victim safety.
Technical Assistance and Training
TCFV offers training and technical assistance to our member programs and community partners. We offer TA on a comprehensive list of topics related to intimate partner violence response and prevention. During regular business hours, 9 am to 5 pm, individuals and programs are welcome to call TCFV for support, research, problem solving, training, and resources. Please contact TCFV at 1-800-525-1978. TCFV also offers customized trainings and consultations to ensure that we meet the individual needs of our members and community partners.
How do I use my member discount?
TCFV Members enjoy discounted registration at our trainings and conferences, complimentary CEUs, and discounted/complimentary access to TCFV’s collection of live webinars and online learning modules. Log in to your account to access member discount codes for live and recorded webinars, or check your registration confirmation email! Please note, organizational members must login to their organizational account to find the discount codes, but may share the codes widely with their staff.
How do I get my CEUs?
Attendees will receive an email with a survey. Complete the survey to access your certificate. TCFV does not provide Continuing Education Units (CEU) for archived webinars.
How do I fix a problem with accessing the webinar room?
Having technical difficulty? Try these:
- Ensure Adobe Flash Player is updated and the latest Flash plugin is installed for your browser.
- Always allow Flash to run. This is required to see the webinar.
- Check that your system can view the webinar: test your computer ahead of time!
- If you are having trouble in your current browser, try another: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari, Opera, etc.
- Update your browser.
Still having trouble?
- The Webinato Attendee Support Portal quickly addresses the most common issues.
- But please do not hesitate to contact Webinato’s 24/7 support!
- You can also attend on your mobile device. Search for Webinato in your device’s app store (available for Android and iOS).
Who do I contact with questions about educational content?
- BIPP Series: Samantha Foss
- Directing the Work: Johanna Moya-Fabregas
- Economic Advocacy: Mona Muro
- Legal Advocacy Network (LAN): Sarah Nesbitt
- Prevention Series: Prevention
- Prosecutor Series: Tracy Grinstead-Everly
When will I receive my registration confirmation?
Registrants should receive an email confirmation almost immediately. If you don’t see it within an hour, check your spam/junk folder!
When will I receive login information for webinars?
The registration confirmation will also contain login details.
When do I receive the presentation materials (i.e. handouts)?
Attendees will receive handouts during the webinar or in a follow-up email.